Programmes Accessibility of Zagreb City Museum
ACCESSIBILITY OF ZAGREB CITY MUSEUM
Zagreb City Museum, as a heritage institution that researches, preserves and presents the history of the City of Zagreb, is tasked with the challenge of bringing its collection closer to its visitors, regardless of their origin, gender, age, disability or the like.
Throughout many years of such a commitment we have paid special attention to people with disabilities.
Where can we be found?
Zagreb City Museum is located in the Zagreb Upper Town at Opatička 20.
How can you reach us?
The Museum can be reached on foot, by cable car, by bus and by car (solely by disabled people).
- From Ban Jelačić Square follow Radićeva ulica to Kamenita vrata (the Stone Gates) and take the first street on the right, i.e. Opatička ulica, to number 20.
- From Ilica take the Mesnička ulica to the end of Demetrova. When you cross the street, turn left to the entrance of the Museum.
- From Tomićeva ulica take the steps to Kula Lotrščak, along Ćirilometodska ulica across the St. Mark’s Square, then along Basaričekova and to the end of Demetrova. When you cross the street, turn left to the entrance to the Museum.
By Cable Car
- From Tomićeva ulica take the cable car to Kula Lotrščak, along Ćirilometodska ulica across the St. Mark’s Square, then along Basaričekova and to the end of Demetrova. When you cross the street, turn left to the entrance to the Museum.
- One start bus station is from Ban Jelačić Square to Demetrova ulica (take off on the third station), then cross the street and turn left to the entrance to the Museum.
- Another start bus station is in front of the Tuškanac parking garage to Opatička ulica (the bus stops in front of the Museum building). The entrance to the Museum is located only a few steps to the left.
All timetables are available on ZET website: www.zet.hr
- Parking for visitors with disabilities is available in the Museum’s courtyard.
- Entrance into the Museum is from the pavement, covered in wooden cubes and after a few steps on the left there is the entrance door with one stop leading to the Museum.
- If you experience any problems at the entrance feel free to call our guides at +385 1 4851 362.
Ticket Office (Cash Desk)
- Ticket Office (Cash Desk) – the info and sales desks are located opposite the entrance. Here you can buy tickets, publications and get all information relating to permanent and temporary exhibitions.
- Admission is free for people with disabilities and their personal assistants.
- Guide dogs welcome.
Exhibition Area – Permanent Exhibition
- All exhibition areas are facilitated with main legends in Croatian, English and German and individual legends in Croatian.
- Detailed descriptions of the exhibition area are included in our Guidebook: The Zagreb City Museum Guidebook (in Croatian and English).
- Toilets, including the toilet for the disabled, are located in the Museum’s cellar which can be accessed by an elevator.
Persons with reduced mobility
- Persons with reduced mobility have two lifting platforms, an elevator and small moving ramps at their disposal. People who do not want to move within the Museum in their wheelchair alone can ask the Museum staff for assistance.
Blind, Visually Impaired and Deaf-blind Persons
- The entire permanent exhibition of the Museum is accessible to the blind, visually impaired and deaf-blind. In all exhibition areas underneath the main legends there are legends in Braille and enlarged print, accompanied with tactile, 2D or 3D items.
- The descriptions of our exhibition area are described in detail in our guidebooks: The Zagreb City Museum Guidebook for the Blind, Visually Impaired, Deaf-blind and Everyone with Poor Sight (in Croatian and English). The Guidebook includes tactile orientation maps.
- The Audio-guide for the Blind and Visually Impaired in Croatian.
- Magnifying glasses for the visually impaired are available at the Reception Desk.
Persons with Intellectual and Learning Difficulties
- Special guides and creative workshops are provided
- The permanent exhibition includes hands-on 3D copies of exhibits.
- Main legends are available in Braille and large print.
- Audio-guide in Croatian and English.
- Audio-guide for the blind and visually impaired in Croatian.
- Picture book „ Krtica Talpa istražuje Muzej grada Zagreba“ (The mole Talpa explores Zagreb City Museum), link on online edition: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Dnszi1TA6TBCy66Y5DAixoOLsM5dICuT
Doors Open Day for People with Disabilities
Every first Tuesday of the month people with disabilities will have the posssibility to get a guided tour through museum's permanent exhibition and current exhibitions by museum's expert guides and learn about the history of Zagreb.
For any additional information please contact us by phone at: +385 1 4851 362;
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com